2021 Inktober52 Prompt#7: Dragonfly

Despite an earthquake overnight (that had me standing in a doorway for about a minute while the house moved - and this house never moves), and a tsunami warning (that had me drive inland and stay there for about 3 hours) I managed to get a sketch done of a dragonfly for week #7.  It wasn't as good as I'd imagined, but I did learn something about doing the wings with the light shining off of them and with what is beneath partially obscured.  I think I'm getting better (and maybe the sketching pens I bought myself help as well) as I am rather proud of most of this year's sketches, compared to the October ones I did last year (although there are a few in there I like also).  Anyway, here's hoping I can do the 3 remaining prompts/sketches before week 11 comes along.



Comments

Popular Posts