2021 Inktober52 Prompt#5: Remote

 It is week 9 of Inktober52 2021, and I have just finished the sketch for week 5.  Four whole weeks behind.  There is a bit of rain forecast for this week, so perhaps that will motivate me to sit and sketch some of the 4 prompts I still have yet to draw.

Anyway, this week's prompt was "remote", and that brought to mind a climber's hut I walked past on Wainwright's Coast to Coast, one of the U.K. long-distance walks I did in 2019, when in the Lake District.  It is called Ruthwaite Lodge, and is located in the section between Honister and Patterdale (or more specifically, between Grasmere and Patterdale for those walking shorter sections).  So I checked out a few google photos and sketched the one I liked the best.  The hardest part was trying to get the misty cloud effect on the distant hills in the far background.



Comments

Popular Posts