Inktober 2020 prompt#19: dizzy (2 different ones)

At first, I just googled images of "dizzy" and got multiple variations on how to visually represent an internal feeling/experience, some of which had the word to help deduce the action in the image, some of which had lines to represent circular motion (similar to my Link with Boomerang sketch I did for prompt #9), and others which gave some form of optical illusion that I suppose was supposed to physically cause you to be dizzy.

At first, I thought I would do one of the latter, an abstract image representing the feeling of vertigo.  I did it, as you can see below, but was not really all that satisfied with it

Throughout the whole process, the name Dizzy would be back in my subconscious and, even though I was not all that familiar with him, I did know Dizzy Gillespie had been a famous trumpet jazz player.  Curiousity (and the dissatisfaction of my above sketch) got the better of me and I spent a little time checking out images of Dizzy Gillespie.  I did a pencil sketch of him while listening to a 35 minute set of the Dizzy Gillespie Quintet on YouTube, then inked it into this:



Comments

Popular Posts