Inktober 2020 prompt#11: disgusting

Despite the fact this says I posted on the 10th, it was already the 11th in New Zealand.  I did my initial sketch of this on the morning of the 9th, before I had done what I wanted to do for the 9th prompt, even though this is prompt #11.  I used to use a photo of a weta to freak my students out by displaying it through a projector in one of my classes; that was in Canada and they had no idea what a weta was.  I'm not sure if I consider them disgusting, unless I'm faced with one in person!

I thought for this one I might show a bit of the process I went through.  I googled a picture I liked.


Then I did a roughly proportioned sketch with pencil while lazing in bed on a Friday morning (with an important bit missing!).


Then I left it for a while before coming back to it and going over it in pen, adding some detail and shading and correcting errors I had done (where I could).



Comments

Popular Posts