Inktober 2020 prompt#10: hope

I don't know why, but when I saw the prompt "hope" I felt it was full of religious connotations and I immediately lost all inspiration.  I googled images, but most of them were for the word (in wooden blocks for your coffee table, in script and framed for your wall, silhouetted against the sun, spelt out in scrabble tiles, painted on a rock), or birds or butterflies where you wouldn't expect them to be, or a light in the dark, or images of a fledgling plant growing in an unexpected place (out of asphalt, or cracked and dried mud, or in a desert of sand).  Was there anything I could sketch that wasn't so cliched?

Nope, there wasn't, so I thought I'd combine most of the cliches, found a couple of relevant images, and did this:

It didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to, but that's often the case with art.  Here's the pre-ink sketch.




Comments

Popular Posts